Fort Erie Horse Race Track

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial

  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions

  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.

  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!

  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Fort Erie Horse Race Track

Fort Erie Horse Race Track is a horse-racing track in Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada. It opened in 1897, at Catherine Street.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

It all started on November 21, 1896, when the Fort Erie Jockey Club commenced the planning and construction of tracks for thoroughbred racing at the border oval, with President John Hood breaking ground. Fort Erie Race Track is located at 230 Catherine Street, Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada, opened on June 16, 1897, and is owned by Carl Paladino, Joe Mosey, and Joel Castle. The track’s proximity which is barely a mile as the crow flies, to the U.S. border, makes it referred to as “the border oval”. When the Millar Law was passed in 1918, enforcing taxes every 14 days, it limited the length of race meets to a two-week time frame.

Then in 1959, the Prince of Wales Stakes occurred, Fort Erie’s most important annual event. It was first to run in 1929; however, it only reached its prominence when E.P. Taylor made it the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown in 1959.

Track Details

The seating can accommodate up to 4,000 people. The main track is one mile, with sandy loam soil. The distance from the last turn to finish is 1,060′, and the track width is 75′. The turf course is seven furlongs inside the main course, while the distance from the last turn to finish is 930′. The stables can capacitate 1,000 horses. Its main office is at the administration building, while the infirmary is on the first-floor grandstand, beside the Horse Walk.

The Course type is Flat/thoroughbred with free parking and admission. They also have dining facilities, the Turfside Bar and Grill, with its 3rd floor that can overlook the race track. The seats can capacitate approximately 250 people. There are also several food stands placed throughout the facility.

History

It all started on November 21, 1896, when the Fort Erie Jockey Club commenced the planning and construction of tracks for thoroughbred racing at the border oval, with President John Hood breaking ground. Fort Erie Race Track is located at 230 Catherine Street, Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada, opened on June 16, 1897, and is owned by Carl Paladino, Joe Mosey, and Joel Castle. The track’s proximity which is barely a mile as the crow flies, to the U.S. border, makes it referred to as “the border oval”. When the Millar Law was passed in 1918, enforcing taxes every 14 days, it limited the length of race meets to a two-week time frame.

Then in 1959, the Prince of Wales Stakes occurred, Fort Erie’s most important annual event. It was first to run in 1929; however, it only reached its prominence when E.P. Taylor made it the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown in 1959.

Track Details

The seating can accommodate up to 4,000 people. The main track is one mile, with sandy loam soil. The distance from the last turn to finish is 1,060′, and the track width is 75′. The turf course is seven furlongs inside the main course, while the distance from the last turn to finish is 930′. The stables can capacitate 1,000 horses. Its main office is at the administration building, while the infirmary is on the first-floor grandstand, beside the Horse Walk.

The Course type is Flat/thoroughbred with free parking and admission. They also have dining facilities, the Turfside Bar and Grill, with its 3rd floor that can overlook the race track. The seats can capacitate approximately 250 people. There are also several food stands placed throughout the facility.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • 230 Catherine St, Fort Erie, ON L2A 5N9, Canada

  • Phone: +1 905-871-3200

  • https://www.forterieracing.com/

Contact

Fort Erie Horse Race Track

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.