Tampa Bay Downs

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial

  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions

  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.

  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!

  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Tampa Bay Downs

Tampa Bay Downs is a horse-racing track in Tampa, Florida, United States. It opened in 1926, at Race Track Rd.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Tampa Bay Downs, also known as Sunshine Park and Florida Downs And Turf Club, first opened in February 18, 1926. The founding operation was headed by Ohio Investor Harvey Myers and Kentucky Colonel Matt J. Winn. The present owners of the track, Stella F. Thayer and her brother Howell Ferguson, purchased the track and its entirety at auction in 1986.

It is located in Oldsmar, Florida. It was renamed Sunshine Park under the ownership of Tampa attorney Frank Hobbs and entered the modern era in 1946 with the installations of an electrical starting gate, a photo finish camera and, an electric tote board. In 1965, it was again renamed as Florida Downs and Turf Club by a group of Tampa sportsmen headed by Chester Ferguson. But in 1980, the track was called Tampa Bay Downs again. In 1983 to 2003, the track hosted a periodic Arabian Horse Race.

Track Details

The main track of TBD is a one-mile (1.6 km) dirt oval, and the turf course is seven furlongs, including a quarter-mile inner chute. This track is the only Thoroughbred race track on the west coast of Florida. It has simulcasting, poker, live racing action, and even a game of golf located at The Downs Golf Practice Facility. Having an open-air Grandstand that can hold 3,000 guests, the stadium is covered with theatre-style seating that offers access to betting windows, concessions, paddock, and tracks apron.

The Party Suite that can hold 100 guests is a climate-controlled room with a scenic view of the finish line and private restrooms. It also has great space for luncheons and other events. The Veranda is an outdoor, covered area just past the finish line with a magnificent track view that can accommodate 40 guests. The second floor of the Clubhouse that can accommodate 215 guests is an enclosed, climate-controlled space with theatre-style seating and room for tables. It also has Skype Terrace Dining Room on the third floor that guests can overview the entire track.

Moreover, it features panoramic views, fine dining options, and upscale décor that can hold 70 guests. The Trackside Pavilion can also accommodate 1,000 guests, which is located in the picnic area.

History

Tampa Bay Downs, also known as Sunshine Park and Florida Downs and Turf Club, first opened in February 18, 1926. The founding operation was headed by Ohio Investor Harvey Myers and Kentucky Colonel Matt J. Winn. The present owners of the track, Stella F.Thayer and her brother Howell Ferguson, purchased the track and its entirety at auction in 1986.

It is located in Oldsmar, Florida. It was renamed Sunshine Park under the ownership of Tampa attorney Frank Hobbs and entered the modern era in 1946 with the installations of an electrical starting gate, a photo finish camera and, an electric tote board. In 1965, it was again renamed as Florida Downs and Turf Club by a group of Tampa sportsmen headed by Chester Ferguson. But in 1980, the track was called Tampa Bay Downs again. In 1983 to 2003, the track hosted a periodic Arabian Horse Race.

Track Details

The main track of TBD is a one-mile (1.6 km) dirt oval, and the turf course is seven furlongs, including a quarter-mile inner chute. This track is the only Thoroughbred race track on the west coast of Florida. It has simulcasting, poker, live racing action, and even a game of golf located at The Downs Golf Practice Facility. Having an open-air Grandstand that can hold 3,000 guests, the stadium is covered with theatre-style seating that offers access to betting windows, concessions, paddock, and tracks apron.

The Party Suite that can hold 100 guests is a climate-controlled room with a scenic view of the finish line and private restrooms. It also has great space for luncheons and other events. The Veranda is an outdoor, covered area just past the finish line with a magnificent track view that can accommodate 40 guests. The second floor of the Clubhouse that can accommodate 215 guests is an enclosed, climate-controlled space with theatre-style seating and room for tables. It also has Skype Terrace Dining Room on the third floor that guests can overview the entire track.

Moreover, it features panoramic views, fine dining options, and upscale décor that can hold 70 guests. The Trackside Pavilion can also accommodate 1,000 guests, which is located in the picnic area.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • 11225 Race Track Rd, Tampa, FL 33626, United States

  • Phone: +1 813-855-4401

  • http://www.tampabaydowns.com/

Contact

Tampa Bay Downs

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.