Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager
Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.
Why Choose AmWager
Arizona Downs is a horse-racing track in Prescott Valley, Arizona, United States. It opened in 1959, at the State Route 89A.
History of Arizona Downs
1959 to 2000 – The original track was named Prescott Valley, built on the old Rodeo Grounds in Prescott, in 1959. It ran race meetings until 2000. It is located in the middle of the flourishing city of Prescott, which hindered the tracks’ expansion and refurbishments to meet an increasing demand.
2000 to 2001 – A new site was discovered in nearby Prescott Valley, and Prescott Downs Racetrack closed after concluding its summer meet in September 2000. In 2001, the racetrack moved to the newly built track and was renamed Yavapai Downs Race Track, a 120-acre facility in Prescott Valley, Arizona. Yavapai Downs originated from the Native American Tribe and the county it was located in.
2001 to 2011 – The new racetrack held race meets from 2000 to 2010 and declared bankruptcy after.
2011 – The track declared bankruptcy and shut down due to a funding crisis.
2013 – Gary Miller of Scottsdale purchased the property for $5.5 Million. The newly renamed PV Speedway opened for the 2014 season, but the Yavapai Downs horse racing track could not resume its operation.
2014 – In mid-2014, Miller put the property back up for sale for an asking price of $7.45 Million.
2015 – Miller failed to sell the property, so he filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in March 2015. All operations at the property then ceased to operate.
2018 – The facility was purchased for $3.22 million in bankruptcy court by J&J Equine Enterprises LLC. It was announced on June 20 that the facility would reopen under the new name of Arizona Downs, intending to resume simulcasting later in the summer and live racing in the summer of 2019.
2019 to 2021 – The newly renovated Arizona Downs opened on May 24, 2019. However, they have been delayed by the pandemic. The track reopened for a full operation on July 2021.
Track Details and Other Facilities
- 🐎Main Track
- The shape of the race track is oval.
- The track surface is comprised of sand, clay, and sandy loam.
- It measures one-half mile long with a 600-foot-long homestretch.
- All turns besides two have a two-and-a-half percent cross-slope.
- The two have five percent – to ensure that horses do not drift out due to the centrifugal force.
- 🐎Caesars Sportsbook
- Arizona Downs has 2 Caesars Sportbook® kiosks.
- The kiosks are located in the simulcast room.
- The machines are active 7 days a week, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- 🐎The View at Arizona Downs
- It is located on the third floor.
- Seating at the bar is first come, first serve.
- Reserved tables facing the track must be booked in advance.
- 🐎First Floor
- The main concession stand is located on the first floor between the doors to the apron area.
- It also offers a full bar.
- 🐎Second Floor
- The Cantina is located on the south side of the second floor, near the elevators.
- The Bar
- It offers a standalone bar offering an assortment of libations on the north end of the second floor near the stairs up from the first floor.
- 🐴Inaugural Stakes
- 🐴Princess Stakes
- 🐴Prince Stakes.
- 🐴Queen’s Stakes
- 🐴King’s Stakes
- 🐴Arizona Down Oaks
- 🐴Arizona Downs Derby
- 🐴Arizona Downs Distaff
- 🐴Arizona Downs Classic
- 🐴Arizona Downs Juvenile
- Quarter Horse
- 🐴Wayne Brasher Memorial
- 🐴Adequan Derby Challenge
- 🐴Horse Maiden Stakes for two-year-olds
- 🐴John Deere Juvenile Challenge
- 🐴Mingus Mountain Stakes
- 🐴Westfork Ranch Maiden Stakes
- 🐴Double JK Ranch Stakes
- 🐴Arizona Downs Quarter Horse Derby
- 🐴Arizona Downs Quarter Horse Futurity
- 🐴Q-Racing Video Distaff Challenge
- 🐴Curtis/Kiekhefer Memorial
Location and Access to the Racecourse
- It is at 10501 E. Route 89A, Prescott Valley, Arizona 86315.
- Parking is always free.
- General Admission
- It is free on Mondays and costs $5 on Saturdays (Children 12 and under enter free)
- General admission tickets allow patrons access to the apron on the 1st level and the grandstand seating on the 2nd level.
- The tables are first come, first served.
Other racetracks are sorted and listed on the page “List of Racetracks”. To view the full list, hit the button below. You can also check the horse racing types and breeds to have a lot more in-depth knowledge about horse racing.
You can also check Arizona Downs race results and Arizona Downs race entries using our AmWager platform for FREE!
It is easy to access and fast as 1, 2, 3!
So what are you waiting for?
STOP HORSING AROUND, GET SERIOUS, GET AMWAGER !
Sign Up now for FREE and wager like a PRO with AmWager