On May 15, 1834, the Chantilly Racecourse was opened, a Thoroughbred turf racecourse for flat racing located in the country’s main horse training area on 65 hectares next to the Chantilly Forest. It is in Oise, France, about 50 kilometers (31 mi) north of the center of the city of Paris.
In 1879, its grandstand was built by the famed architect Honoré Daumet, who renovated the nearby Château de Chantilly. In 1886, Duc d’Aumale donated the racecourse to the Institut de France. In 1982, the Living Museum of the Horse was built as part of the stables, opened to the public. In July 2006, the Foundation for the Safe-keeping and Development of the Chantilly Domain presided over by the Aga Khan IV acquired the museum. In 2016 and 2017, in addition to Prix du Jockey Club, Chantilly hosted the prestigious Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, which is normally run at Longchamp. The move from Longchamp was necessitated by ongoing renovation work; the race should return to its historical home in 2018.
The significant races held in this track are the Prix du Jockey Club (known as the French Derby), the Prix de Diane (French Oaks), the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, and Prix Jean Prat (1858).
This race track is a right-handed course built with interlocking tracks. The main course is 2,400 meters long, another at 2,150 meters, plus a round course adaptable from 1,400 to 2,400 meters.
The services present in this track are Bureau de Change, ATM, Binocular rentals, Gift shop, and Food services.