Ffos Las Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial
  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions
  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.
  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!
  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Ffos Las Racecourse

Ffos Las Racecourse is a horse-racing track in Trimsaran, Kidwelly, United Kingdom. It opened in 2009, at Culla Rd.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Ffos Las Racecourse & Conference Centre is a Welsh horse racing, equestrian sports, and conferencing venue. Ffos Las’ translation to English is known as ‘blue ditch’, inaugurated on June 18, 2009. It is originally named after the farm that once occupied the site. It is situated between the old mining villages of Trimsaran and Carway. It is at the site formerly an open cast coal mine, located in the heart of Carmarthenshire between the towns Llanelli and Carmarthen, only 15 minutes from junction 48 M4, and only an hour drive from the Irish Ferry terminals of Pembroke Dock and Fishguard, specifically located at Trimsaran Carmarthenshire SA17 4DE. The track was built after the mining operations were ceased. It is surrounded by rolling hills and countryside, with spectacular views down the Gwendraeth Valley to Carmarthen Bay.

It became the first new National Hunt racecourse to be built in the United Kingdom for 80 years and is Wales’s third racecourse along with Chepstow and Bangor-On-Dee. It is also home to the Welsh Champion Hurdle and owned by Arena Racing Company, by which Flat and National Hunt races are screened on Sky Sports Racing. The best horse to have raced at Ffos Las is the champion two-mile chaser Sprinter Sacre, who won a novices’ hurdle by ten lengths in February 2011.

The first flat race held at the track is the EBF/Jamie Yeates Memorial Maiden Stakes on July 21, 2009, while the first race meeting featuring harness racing was held on May 9, 2010. In 2018, Ffos Las was purchased by Arena Racing Company (ARC) from the founder, Dai Walters.

The racecourse development site is about 600 acres (2.4 km2) in size and is located in a natural amphitheater setting. The racetrack itself is an oval which is 12 furlongs in length and has flat topography. The initial phase of the development was completed in 2009 that offers Enclosure & Grandstand; Hotel, pub, restaurant, etc.; Technical Facilities; Betting Facilities; and Residential Development for racing staff.

Moreover, the owners still plan to introduce a new Celtic Festival in future years to be held around St. David’s Day. The racecourse developers plan to redevelop the venue to capacitate 20,000 people and 120 horse boxes. The development will include constructing the Hotel & Leisure Facilities, Equestrian Centre, Racecourse Training Establishment, and Live/work smallholdings.

History

Ffos Las Racecourse & Conference Centre is a Welsh horse racing, equestrian sports, and conferencing venue. Ffos Las’ translation to English is known as ‘blue ditch’, inaugurated on June 18, 2009. It is originally named after the farm that once occupied the site. It is situated between the old mining villages of Trimsaran and Carway. It is at the site formerly an open cast coal mine, located in the heart of Carmarthenshire between the towns Llanelli and Carmarthen, only 15 minutes from junction 48 M4, and only an hour drive from the Irish Ferry terminals of Pembroke Dock and Fishguard, specifically located at Trimsaran Carmarthenshire SA17 4DE. The track was built after the mining operations were ceased. It is surrounded by rolling hills and countryside, with spectacular views down the Gwendraeth Valley to Carmarthen Bay.

It became the first new National Hunt racecourse to be built in the United Kingdom for 80 years and is Wales’s third racecourse along with Chepstow and Bangor-On-Dee. It is also home to the Welsh Champion Hurdle and owned by Arena Racing Company, by which Flat and National Hunt races are screened on Sky Sports Racing. The best horse to have raced at Ffos Las is the champion two-mile chaser Sprinter Sacre, who won a novices’ hurdle by ten lengths in February 2011.

The first flat race held at the track is the EBF/Jamie Yeates Memorial Maiden Stakes on July 21, 2009, while the first race meeting featuring harness racing was held on May 9, 2010. In 2018, Ffos Las was purchased by Arena Racing Company (ARC) from the founder, Dai Walters.

The racecourse development site is about 600 acres (2.4 km2) in size and is located in a natural amphitheater setting. The racetrack itself is an oval which is 12 furlongs in length and has flat topography. The initial phase of the development was completed in 2009 that offers Enclosure & Grandstand; Hotel, pub, restaurant, etc.; Technical Facilities; Betting Facilities; and Residential Development for racing staff.

Moreover, the owners still plan to introduce a new Celtic Festival in future years to be held around St. David’s Day. The racecourse developers plan to redevelop the venue to capacitate 20,000 people and 120 horse boxes. The development will include constructing the Hotel & Leisure Facilities, Equestrian Centre, Racecourse Training Establishment, and Live/work smallholdings.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • Culla Rd, Trimsaran, Kidwelly SA17 4DE, United Kingdom

  • Phone: +44 1554 811092

  • https://www.ffoslas-racecourse.co.uk/

Contact

Ffos Las Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.