Hippodrome d’Enghien-Soisy

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial
  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions
  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.
  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!
  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Hippodrome d’Enghien-Soisy

Hippodrome d’Enghien-Soisy is a horse-racing track in Soisy-sous-Montmorency, France. It opened in 1879, at André Foulon.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Equestrian sports have been practiced in the area since 1860. However, it was only in 1879 when the pioneering obstacle course was established officially. Enghien was then one of the five racetracks of the Société des suburbains (La Marche, Le Vésinet, Saint-Ouen, Maisons-Laffitte and Enghien), taken over at its creation in 1886 by the Société Sportive d’Encouragement who purchased it in 1921. Then in the next year, 1922, the permanent track was built for trotting.

The Champ de Courses d’Enghien-Soisy Racecourse is one of the city’s main attractions specializing in trot and obstacle races. In 1986 it was renovated and equipped with a floodlight system. The Société d’Encouragement du Cheval Français managed it since 1997, and the racecourse is fully available for obstacle courses organized by FRANCE GALOP.

Then since 1999, it acquired its current and official name, Hippodrome d’Enghien-Soisy. It is located at Place André Foulon, partly on the commune of Soisy-sous-Montmorency, France, situated 2 kilometers from the city center. In other words, 96% of its 44 hectares are in the municipality of Soisy-sous-Montmorency, and 4% are in the Eaubonne area.

Since 2009, it has been the site of a giant international pyrotechnic competition, then every year in April, the Prix de l’Atlantique takes place on the track.

Track Details

The racecourse is reserved for obstacle courses and trotting and covers 44 hectares on the edge of the Montmorency forest. It consists of 11 hurdle courses from 2,500 to 3,800 meters (11 obstacles); and 13 steeplechase courses from 3,100 to 5,000 meters (11 obstacles). On the other hand, trotting facilities include a 1300 m trotting track, rope left, banked turn, and the distance from the last hurdle to the finish line is 250 meters.

The racecourse has 20,000 seats, including 3,000 seats in the stands. The parking space has 1,500 spaces (€ 2) and offers a restaurant named “Le Panoramique” (The Panoramic) and a brasserie “La Rotonde”. Its playground is open every day of the race (under the responsibility of parents). Free admission is also available by invitation at the Tourist Office for the “Estivales d’Enghien” (July / August).

They also offer guided tours for groups and individuals, in which free Circuits tours are organized every Sunday behind the scenes of the racecourse (information and departures at the Information Point at 3 pm, 4 pm, and 5 pm. For groups, guided tours are during race days.

The track also offers Pari Mutuel Hippodrome information office (PMH), currency exchange office, bank distributor, unpaid tickets, public telephone, binocular rental, souvenir shop, PMU office, and “Play for the first time” area.

History

Equestrian sports have been practiced in the area since 1860. However, it was only in 1879 when the pioneering obstacle course was established officially. Enghien was then one of the five racetracks of the Société des suburbains (La Marche, Le Vésinet, Saint-Ouen, Maisons-Laffitte and Enghien), taken over at its creation in 1886 by the Société Sportive d’Encouragement who purchased it in 1921. Then in the next year, 1922, the permanent track was built for trotting.

The Champ de Courses d’Enghien-Soisy Racecourse is one of the city’s main attractions specializing in trot and obstacle races. In 1986 it was renovated and equipped with a floodlight system. The Société d’Encouragement du Cheval Français managed it since 1997, and the racecourse is fully available for obstacle courses organized by FRANCE GALOP.

Then since 1999, it acquired its current and official name, Hippodrome d’Enghien-Soisy. It is located at Place André Foulon, partly on the commune of Soisy-sous-Montmorency, France, situated 2 kilometers from the city center. In other words, 96% of its 44 hectares are in the municipality of Soisy-sous-Montmorency, and 4% are in the Eaubonne area.

Since 2009, it has been the site of a giant international pyrotechnic competition, then every year in April, the Prix de l’Atlantique takes place on the track.

Track Details

The racecourse is reserved for obstacle courses and trotting and covers 44 hectares on the edge of the Montmorency forest. It consists of 11 hurdle courses from 2,500 to 3,800 meters (11 obstacles); and 13 steeplechase courses from 3,100 to 5,000 meters (11 obstacles). On the other hand, trotting facilities include a 1300 m trotting track, rope left, banked turn, and the distance from the last hurdle to the finish line is 250 meters.

The racecourse has 20,000 seats, including 3,000 seats in the stands. The parking space has 1,500 spaces (€ 2) and offers a restaurant named “Le Panoramique” (The Panoramic) and a brasserie “La Rotonde”. Its playground is open every day of the race (under the responsibility of parents). Free admission is also available by invitation at the Tourist Office for the “Estivales d’Enghien” (July / August).

They also offer guided tours for groups and individuals, in which free Circuits tours are organized every Sunday behind the scenes of the racecourse (information and departures at the Information Point at 3 pm, 4 pm, and 5 pm. For groups, guided tours are during race days.

The track also offers Pari Mutuel Hippodrome information office (PMH), currency exchange office, bank distributor, unpaid tickets, public telephone, binocular rental, souvenir shop, PMU office, and “Play for the first time” area.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • Pl. André Foulon, 95230 Soisy-sous-Montmorency, France

  • Phone: +33 1 34 17 87 00

  • https://www.hippodrome-enghien.com/

Contact

Hippodrome d’Enghien-Soisy

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.