Kempton Park Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial

  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions

  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.

  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!

  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Kempton Park Racecourse

Kempton Park Racecourse is a horse-racing track in Shepperton, Sunbury-on-Thames, United Kingdom. It opened in 1878, at the Staines Rd E.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Owned by the Jockey Club and is one of the busiest and most famous racecourses in Europe. It was inaugurated in July 1878, situated at Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, England, 16 miles south-west of Charing Cross, central London and on a border of Greater London, easy access for public transportation or car from the city center.

The site briefly closed between May 2, 2005, and March 25, 2006, to reopen with a new all-weather Polytrack (synthetic material) main track and floodlighting to enable racing at all light levels and all but the most severe bad weather. Flat racing from 2006 is run on the synthetic track, so the historic “Jubilee Course”, a mile-long spur that joined the home bend’s main track, used for the “Jubilee Handicap” which parred the Cambridgeshire and the Stewards’ Cup in seniority, was abandoned. It is now overgrown for racing. However, it joins the outskirts of the park as part of the green belt.

Track Details

It hosts National Hunt racing through the season and all-weather racing throughout the year. It has a licensed entertainment and conference venue. It is also widely considered one of the best-designed courses in the UK and Home of the King George VI Cup & Winter Festival.

The site has 210 acres (85 hectares) of flat grassland surrounded by woodland with two lakes in its center. It has adjoining inner and outer courses for flat and fenced racing.

For flat, it has a right-handed, Polytrack, flat, oval-shaped course with two loops. The inner circuit, used for races over five and ten furlongs, is sharp and has a finishing straight of under two furlongs. The turn-on the outer course is more sweeping, and the straight is approximately three furlongs long. Over both five and six furlongs, there is a relatively short run to the first bend. For National Hunt, it has a right-handed, oval-shaped, and flat track. The National Hunt triangular circuit is about 1 mile 6 furlongs with a mile straight and 175 yd run-in. Slightly undulating, wide, and galloping in nature, with ten fences and six hurdles per circuit.

It also has several enclosures to choose. One is the Premier enclosure which is only on selected race days with several bars on the first floor of the grandstand, including the sandwich bar. Another is the Paddock enclosure which is open on all race days with a food court area offering fish & chips, noodles, Tiffinbites curry & dash sandwich bar. There are also several bars offering full draught facilities, spirits, and soft drinks. Lastly, the Festive enclosure is open on 26 and 27 of December only, with an indoor bar area and several mobile food outlets available in this area.

History

Owned by the Jockey Club and is one of the busiest and most famous racecourses in Europe. It was inaugurated in July 1878, situated at Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, England, 16 miles south-west of Charing Cross, central London and on a border of Greater London, easy access for public transportation or car from the city center.

The site briefly closed between May 2, 2005, and March 25, 2006, to reopen with a new all-weather Polytrack (synthetic material) main track and floodlighting to enable racing at all light levels and all but the most severe bad weather. Flat racing from 2006 is run on the synthetic track, so the historic “Jubilee Course”, a mile-long spur that joined the home bend’s main track, used for the “Jubilee Handicap” which parred the Cambridgeshire and the Stewards’ Cup in seniority, was abandoned. It is now overgrown for racing. However, it joins the outskirts of the park as part of the green belt.

Track Details

It hosts National Hunt racing through the season and all-weather racing throughout the year. It has a licensed entertainment and conference venue. It is also widely considered one of the best-designed courses in the UK and Home of the King George VI Cup & Winter Festival.

The site has 210 acres (85 hectares) of flat grassland surrounded by woodland with two lakes in its center. It has adjoining inner and outer courses for flat and fenced racing.

For flat, it has a right-handed, Polytrack, flat, oval-shaped course with two loops. The inner circuit, used for races over five and ten furlongs, is sharp and has a finishing straight of under two furlongs. The turn-on the outer course is more sweeping, and the straight is approximately three furlongs long. Over both five and six furlongs, there is a relatively short run to the first bend. For National Hunt, it has a right-handed, oval-shaped, and flat track. The National Hunt triangular circuit is about 1 mile 6 furlongs with a mile straight and 175 yd run-in. Slightly undulating, wide, and galloping in nature, with ten fences and six hurdles per circuit.

It also has several enclosures to choose. One is the Premier enclosure which is only on selected race days with several bars on the first floor of the grandstand, including the sandwich bar. Another is the Paddock enclosure which is open on all race days with a food court area offering fish & chips, noodles, Tiffinbites curry & dash sandwich bar. There are also several bars offering full draught facilities, spirits, and soft drinks. Lastly, the Festive enclosure is open on 26 and 27 of December only, with an indoor bar area and several mobile food outlets available in this area.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • Staines Rd E, Shepperton, Sunbury-on-Thames TW16 5AQ, United Kingdom

  • Phone: +44 1932 782292

  • https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/kempton/

Contact

Kempton Park Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.