Leopardstown Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial
  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions
  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.
  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!
  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Leopardstown Racecourse

Leopardstown Racecourse is a horse-racing track in Foxrock, Dublin, Ireland. It opened in 1888, at Leopardstown.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

The course was developed by Captain George Quin and modeled on Sandown Park Racecourse in England, completed in 1888 and acquired by the Horse Racing Board of Ireland in 1967. It is an Irish horse-racing venue situated on the outskirts of the Irish capital, 8 km south of the Dublin city center.

Track Details

It hosts both National Hunt and Flat racing in a 220-acre estate. It has a left-handed oval track of one mile and six furlongs with an uphill finishing straight. The jumping course, the shape, and size mimics that of the galloping flat course. The chase course is easier than the inner hurdles course, although the three fences that are placed tactically down the back straight are very close together and can catch horses out when not met on a good stride. The hurdles course is much sharper and provides a much greater test of the tactical ability of the jockey and speed of a horse and requires a lot less getting the trip than its chase counterpart.

The main grandstand building has three floors of restaurants, bars, and social spaces open to all. It consists of Tote Hall and Sports Lounge on the ground floor. There is also a Paddock Food Hall (self-service restaurant), The 1888 Restaurant (2nd Floor) (located in the heart of the action on the second level of the Grandstand), Members Bar (2nd Floor – Balcony Area), and the Champions Cafe Bar. It also has Club 92 Bar, Fillies Café Bar, Jodami’s Bar, Madigans Bar, Tetrarch Bar, and Silken Glider Restaurant.

Moreover, it also has a golf course and clubhouse, situated in the middle of the racetrack. The course also has designer shops, a fitness center, the Leopardstown Pavilion. The ‘Bulmers Live at Leopardstown’ music festival takes place every summer between June and August. Bands such as Horslips, The Human League, Johnny Marr, and The Boomtown Rats have all performed here. They also host events such as dressed competitions during The Leopardstown Christmas Festival and Longines Irish Champions Weekend. Disabled customers can access most areas of the racecourse using several lifts. There are also several toilets for the disabled and a free parking area.

History

The course was developed by Captain George Quin and modeled on Sandown Park Racecourse in England, completed in 1888 and acquired by the Horse Racing Board of Ireland in 1967. It is an Irish horse-racing venue situated on the outskirts of the Irish capital, 8 km south of the Dublin city center.

Track Details

It hosts both National Hunt and Flat racing in a 220-acre estate. It has a left-handed oval track of one mile and six furlongs with an uphill finishing straight. The jumping course, the shape, and size mimics that of the galloping flat course. The chase course is easier than the inner hurdles course, although the three fences that are placed tactically down the back straight are very close together and can catch horses out when not met on a good stride. The hurdles course is much sharper and provides a much greater test of the tactical ability of the jockey and speed of a horse and requires a lot less getting the trip than its chase counterpart.

The main grandstand building has three floors of restaurants, bars, and social spaces open to all. It consists of Tote Hall and Sports Lounge on the ground floor. There is also a Paddock Food Hall (self-service restaurant), The 1888 Restaurant (2nd Floor) (located in the heart of the action on the second level of the Grandstand), Members Bar (2nd Floor – Balcony Area), and the Champions Cafe Bar. It also has Club 92 Bar, Fillies Café Bar, Jodami’s Bar, Madigans Bar, Tetrarch Bar, and Silken Glider Restaurant.

Moreover, it also has a golf course and clubhouse, situated in the middle of the racetrack. The course also has designer shops, a fitness center, the Leopardstown Pavilion. The ‘Bulmers Live at Leopardstown’ music festival takes place every summer between June and August. Bands such as Horslips, The Human League, Johnny Marr, and The Boomtown Rats have all performed here. They also host events such as dressed competitions during The Leopardstown Christmas Festival and Longines Irish Champions Weekend. Disabled customers can access most areas of the racecourse using several lifts. There are also several toilets for the disabled and a free parking area.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • Leopardstown Racecourse, Foxrock, Dublin 18, D18 C9V6, Ireland

  • Phone: +353 1 289 0500

  • https://www.leopardstown.com/

Contact

Leopardstown Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.