Lingfield Park Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial

  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions

  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.

  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!

  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Lingfield Park Racecourse

Lingfield Park Racecourse is a horse-racing track in Lingfield, Surrey, United Kingdom. It opened in 1890, at Racecourse Rd.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Lingfield Park Racecourse, or known as Lingfield, ‘Lingwood’ or ‘leafy Lingwood’, is a 450 acres horse racing course located at Road Lingfield Surrey RH7 6PQ, United Kingdom. The ARC Racing and Leisure Group have owned it since 1997, formerly named Arena Leisure Plc. In 2001, it replaced the existing artificial surface with a Polytrack which opened on November 13, 2001. Due to this, it became best known as a winter all-weather flat-racing course rather than the usual turf found in the UK. Moreover, it is also the only one to host all three race types flat turf, flat all-weather, and National Hunt. The racecourse is featured in the 1954 film The Rainbow Jacket.

It was opened in 1890 by the Prince of Wales (later Edward VII), who also agreed to let Lingfield incorporate the Prince of Wales feathers into its official heading. Originally, it only hosted jumps racing. However, the Jockey Club granted permission for flat racing to be held since 1894. In March 2012, Arena Leisure PLC, which owned Lingfield Park & 6 other racecourses in the UK, merged with Northern Racing to create Arena Racing Company.

Track Details

Its left-handed all-weather track measures just under a mile and a quarter, which turns are sharp and are laid out inside the turf track. The turf track runs outside of it and is almost a mile in length, with the facility for longer races to join four furlongs further out. The flat turf course is used a lot less often than the all weather track. It is longer and undulating with a steep downhill run into the home bend and home straight. Races of up to 7f are run on the straight flat turf course. The jumps course is left-handed and undulating as well. The fences are not as stiff as other courses, and fallers are low. National hunt bumper races are usually run on the all-weather track nowadays.

It also offers facilities such as Marriott Hotel & Country Club, the Breathe Spa (116 rooms), several bars, cafes and restaurants, and an 18-hole golf course. There are also Brasserie, Piglets Pantry, Swing Grill, and Burger Van. Moreover, for drinks, there are Grandstand Bar, Midday Bar, Bob’s Return Bar, Championships Corner Bar, Music Majors Bar, Parasol Bar, Rock Hopper Bar, and The Sports Bar.

History

Lingfield Park Racecourse, or known as Lingfield, ‘Lingwood’ or ‘leafy Lingwood’, is a 450 acres horse racing course located at Road Lingfield Surrey RH7 6PQ, United Kingdom. The ARC Racing and Leisure Group have owned it since 1997, formerly named Arena Leisure Plc. In 2001, it replaced the existing artificial surface with a Polytrack which opened on November 13, 2001. Due to this, it became best known as a winter all-weather flat-racing course rather than the usual turf found in the UK. Moreover, it is also the only one to host all three race types flat turf, flat all-weather, and National Hunt. The racecourse is featured in the 1954 film The Rainbow Jacket.

It was opened in 1890 by the Prince of Wales (later Edward VII), who also agreed to let Lingfield incorporate the Prince of Wales feathers into its official heading. Originally, it only hosted jumps racing. However, the Jockey Club granted permission for flat racing to be held since 1894. In March 2012, Arena Leisure PLC, which owned Lingfield Park & 6 other racecourses in the UK, merged with Northern Racing to create Arena Racing Company.

Track Details

Its left-handed all-weather track measures just under a mile and a quarter, which turns are sharp and are laid out inside the turf track. The turf track runs outside of it and is almost a mile in length, with the facility for longer races to join four furlongs further out. The flat turf course is used a lot less often than the all-weather track. It is longer and undulating with a steep downhill run into the home bend and home straight. Races of up to 7f are run on the straight flat turf course. The jumps course is left-handed and undulating as well. The fences are not as stiff as other courses, and fallers are low. National hunt bumper races are usually run on the all-weather track nowadays.

It also offers facilities such as Marriott Hotel & Country Club, the Breathe Spa (116 rooms), several bars, cafes and restaurants, and an 18-hole golf course. There are also Brasserie, Piglets Pantry, Swing Grill, and Burger Van. Moreover, for drinks, there are Grandstand Bar, Midday Bar, Bob’s Return Bar, Championships Corner Bar, Music Majors Bar, Parasol Bar, Rock Hopper Bar, and The Sports Bar.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • Racecourse Rd, Lingfield RH7 6PQ, United Kingdom

  • Phone: +44 1342 834800

  • https://www.lingfieldpark.co.uk/

Contact

Lingfield Park Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.