Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager
Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.
Why Choose AmWager
Parx Racing is a horse-racing track in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States. It opened in 1974, at Bensalem Township in Bucks County.
History of Parx Racing
1974 – It was originally named Keystone Racetrack and opened on November 4, 1974, in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. It replaced the Liberty Bell Park Racetrack in Northeast Philadelphia as the area’s Thoroughbred track.
1984 – The racetrack was renamed Philadelphia Park when ITB purchased it and added a new turf course. It is the first racetrack also in the country to have an innovative new way to wager called Phonebet.
1990 – Parx racing was again sold to another company called Greenwood Racing, Inc on December 1990. Another feature was added: full card simulcasting and the six off-track locations called Turf Clubs.
2006 – The racetrack was allowed to construct a casino on September 27, 2006. Final approval of a permanent license came on December 20, 2006, and the following day the casino opened. Bally’s was chosen as the casino management system.
2009 – The name of the casino, “Parx”, a modified spelling of the racetrack name, was unveiled following a fireworks display on July 4, 2009.
2010 – On August 30, 2010, it was officially called Parx Racing and Casino.
2017 – Parx hosted the fourth annual Jockeys and Jeans fundraiser for the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
2018 – The poker room opened on January 11, while the Xcite Center opened on January 13.
Track Details and Other Facilities
Dining and Entertainment
- Bambu Noodle House
- Liberty Bell Gastropub
- Chickie’s & Pete’s
- Club 360
- Liberty Bell Beer Garden
- Paddock Grill (at Parx East)
- Circle Bar (at Parx East)
- An event center
- Hosts concerts, entertainment performances, comedy acts, boxing, and MMA matches.
- All shows only allow audiences who are 21 or older.
- It has an area of 30,000 square feet (2,800 m2)
- Seats over 1,500 people.
- It has 3,200 slot machines
- 188 live table games
- a poker room with 48 poker tables
Parx Racing Major Events and Schedule
- The Pennsylvania State Fair was held at the racetrack annually from 1987 to 2006.
- In 2002, the track hosted the Claiming Crown of horse racing.
- Home of the Pennsylvania Derby.
- Hosts year around live racing.
Notable Live Racing Events for three-year-olds
- G1 Cotillion
- G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- G3 Turf Monster
- G3 Greenwood Cup
- Grade I
- Pennsylvania Derby (last Saturday in September)
- Cotillion Stakes (Run on Pennsylvania Derby Day)
- Grade II
- Gallant Bob Stakes
Other Stakes Races
- Ambassador of Luck Handicap
- Captain My Captain Handicap
- Devil’s Honor Handicap
- Mr. Jenney Handicap
- Mrs. Penny Stakes
- Northern Fling Handicap
- Parx Dash Stakes
- Peppy Addy Stakes
- PTHA President’s Cup
- Turf Amazon Handicap
- My Juliet Stakes
- Jostle Stakes
Location and Access to the Racecourse
- It is located in Bensalem Township in Bucks County, northeast of Philadelphia, 15 miles from Philadelphia, and minutes off of I‑95, PA Turnpike, and US‑1.
Other racetracks are sorted and listed on the page “List of Racetracks”. To view the full list, hit the button below. You can also check the horse racing types and breeds to have a lot more in-depth knowledge about horse racing.
You can also check Parx Racing results and Parx Racing entries using our AmWager platform for FREE!
It is easy to access and fast as 1, 2, 3!
So what are you waiting for?
STOP HORSING AROUND, GET SERIOUS, GET AMWAGER !
Sign Up now for FREE and wager like a PRO with AmWager