Pontefract Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial
  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions
  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.
  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!
  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Pontefract Racecourse

Pontefract Racecourse is a horse-racing track in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England. opened in 1648, at Park Road.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Right before the forces of Oliver Cromwell seized the local Castle, racing has been recorded in Pontefract since 1648 in the meadows near the town. However, meetings were discontinued by 1769 and only resumed in 1801. The racecourse is located in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England, situated just half a mile from Junction 32 of the M62. Links with the A1, M1, and M18 are all within 10 miles of the racecourse.

In 1952, they installed a photo finish, having the first English course with a dope testing facility. It is an independently-owned thoroughbred horse racing venue owned by Pontefract Park Race Company Ltd. Also, it is one of the longest continuous flat racing circuits in Europe and allowed it to stage one of the longest races in the calendar at 2 miles 5 furlongs 133 yards.

The course traditionally commenced its afternoon race meetings at 2.45 pm so that miners at the adjacent colliery could finish the morning shift in time to go racing; however, it changed until the colliery closed in 2002. It stages 16 flat race meetings between April and October of each calendar year, including 3 Family Sunday afternoons, three evenings, and ten midweek afternoons.

Track Details

The racecourse is a flat and left-handed undulating course with a sharp bend into the home straight. The final 3 furlongs of the track are uphill, making it quite testing.

Aside from racing, it also hosts conferences, weddings, birthday parties, etc., on all days. It offers Premier Enclosure which allows access to covered seating, the Parade Ring/Pre-Parade Ring, Champagne Bar, Lounge Bar, Premier Dining Room, Park Suite, Premier Sports Cafe Bar, Annual Badge Facilities, owners and trainers facilities, and access to all other enclosures. Other enclosures are the grandstand and paddock Enclosure, silver enclosure, and picnic enclosure.

Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure gives access to terraced viewing stands, The Parade Ring/Pre-parade Ring, Furlong Bar, Paddock Bar, Balcony Bar, Self Service Dining Room, Riders’ Bar, and access to the Silver & Picnic Enclosures. The silver enclosure offers Silver Lounge Bar, Tea Bar & Servery, Bar, and Fast Food Units. Lastly, the Picnic Enclosure is the most cost-effective.

History

Right before the forces of Oliver Cromwell seized the local Castle, racing has been recorded in Pontefract since 1648 in the meadows near the town. However, meetings were discontinued by 1769 and only resumed in 1801. The racecourse is located in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England, situated just half a mile from Junction 32 of the M62. Links with the A1, M1, and M18 are all within 10 miles of the racecourse.

In 1952, they installed a photo finish, having the first English course with a dope testing facility. It is an independently-owned thoroughbred horse racing venue owned by Pontefract Park Race Company Ltd. Also, it is one of the longest continuous flat racing circuits in Europe and allowed it to stage one of the longest races in the calendar at 2 miles 5 furlongs 133 yards.

The course traditionally commenced its afternoon race meetings at 2.45 pm so that miners at the adjacent colliery could finish the morning shift in time to go racing; however, it changed until the colliery closed in 2002. It stages 16 flat race meetings between April and October of each calendar year, including 3 Family Sunday afternoons, three evenings, and ten midweek afternoons.

Track Details

The racecourse is a flat and left-handed undulating course with a sharp bend into the home straight. The final 3 furlongs of the track are uphill, making it quite testing.

Aside from racing, it also hosts conferences, weddings, birthday parties, etc., on all days. It offers Premier Enclosure which allows access to covered seating, the Parade Ring/Pre-Parade Ring, Champagne Bar, Lounge Bar, Premier Dining Room, Park Suite, Premier Sports Cafe Bar, Annual Badge Facilities, owners and trainers facilities, and access to all other enclosures. Other enclosures are the grandstand and paddock Enclosure, silver enclosure, and picnic enclosure.

Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure gives access to terraced viewing stands, The Parade Ring/Pre-parade Ring, Furlong Bar, Paddock Bar, Balcony Bar, Self Service Dining Room, Riders’ Bar, and access to the Silver & Picnic Enclosures. The silver enclosure offers Silver Lounge Bar, Tea Bar & Servery, Bar, and Fast Food Units. Lastly, the Picnic Enclosure is the most cost-effective.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • Pontefract Park, Park Rd, Pontefract WF8 4QD, United Kingdom

  • Phone: +44 1977 781307

  • https://www.pontefract-races.co.uk/

Contact

Pontefract Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.