Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager
Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.
Why Choose AmWager
Rosecroft Raceway is a horse-racing track in Fort Washington, Maryland, United States. It opened in 1949, at Rosecroft Drive.
History of Rosecroft Raceway
1947 – In September of the year, a meeting was held about bringing a harness racetrack to Maryland, and Rosecroft was chosen as the site.
1949 – Racetrack was opened on May 26, 1949, and a day after, it held its first night of racing on May 27, 1949, and became Prince George’s County’s political and social center.
1954 – The track’s ownership has been passed on from William E. Miller to his son John Miller
1969 – Earle Brown assumed the ownership due to the death of John Miller.
1980 – William E. Miller II assumed ownership of the track when Earle Brown changed its position in the track.
1987 – Mark Vogel purchased the track, a Maryland real estate agent. However, it failed to handle the racetrack properly and could not entice more players, hence the decreased attendance. It is due to focusing more on his real estate business and neglecting its duty for the track. He even extracted money from the betting pools and utilized it for his real estate business.
1990 – Vogel was arrested when cocaine was confiscated from him, and his company went into bankruptcy.
1991 –Weisman’s Colt Enterprises purchased the track. However, a fire broke out the same year and ruined the grandstand.
1993 – The grandstand that was destroyed by the fire was reconstructed.
1994 – In September 1994, Weisman’s family managed the track when he died from pancreatic cancer in Los Angeles. However, they could not afford to operate the track and only hoped to sell it.
2000 – Cloverleaf purchased the track and attempted to sell it multiple times, unfortunately to no avail.
2002 – In mid-2002, several interested buyers emerged, yet Cloverleaf was involved in lawsuits. Hence, it brought disappointment to the potential buyers and canceled their plans.
2009 – Cloverleaf Enterprises filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in June 2009. Mark Vogel tried to purchase the track again, but a bankruptcy court judge denied the approval.
2010 – In early June 2010, Cloverleaf filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and shut down on July 1, 2010.
2011 – The track was sold to Penn National Gaming.
2012 – A bill was introduced into the Maryland General Assembly, which authorizes a casino in Prince George’s County, signed by the Governor in August 2012 and was passed via referendum in November 2012.
2016 – In May 2016, ownership of the track changed again when the Stronach Group (current owner) purchased the track.
2022 – Rosecroft Raceway owner agrees to sell storied Fort Washington track.
Origins and Details
Its other name is “Raceway by the Beltway” for being close to Interstate 495, a harness racing track in Fort Washington, Maryland. The track is the former WE Miller Stables situated next to the Rosecroft Stock Farm, where horses were bred. William E. Miller, a horse trainer and breeder, founded the racetrack. It is the first raceway managed by horse owners, trainers, and jockeys.
Track Details and Other Facilities
- The grandstand is 53,000 square feet,
- It is winterized and glass-enclosed.
- The seating capacity for the grandstand is 9,000.
- It is a 96,000-square-foot, 3-story clubhouse.
- It is winterized and glass-enclosed.
- The Clubhouse’s capacity is 6,000.
- The stables can house up to 1,200 horses.
- 🐎Parking Area
- Parking area can fit 5,800 vehicles.
- 🐎Meeting Space
- John Hanson Room with a capacity of 25 to 60 persons.
- 🐎Banquet Hall
- It is a large bar with a capacity of 100 to 600 guests.
- 🐎The Terrace Dining Room
- It is located inside the Clubhouse.
- It can accommodate up to 1,100 people.
- Each table in the dining room has its own television for simulcasting.
Race Schedule and Major Events & Races
Rosecroft Raceway Schedule
- 🐎Live Racing Schedule
- It features Harness Racing.
- Rosecroft races about 60 nights a year from the fall through the spring with a brief winter break and makes up an almost year-round circuit.
- Winter to Spring meet generally held in January to May
- Fall meetings generally start in September and End in December
- The post time is 7:15 pm.
Location and Access to the Racecourse
- It is in Fort Washington, Maryland, seven miles southeast of Washington, D.C.
- Admission is free.
- With Free Parking.
Other racetracks are sorted and listed on the page “List of Racetracks”. To view the full list, hit the button below. You can also check the horse racing types and breeds to have a lot more in-depth knowledge about horse racing.
You can also check Rosecroft race results and Rosecroft race entries using our AmWager platform for FREE!
It is easy to access and fast as 1, 2, 3!
So what are you waiting for?
STOP HORSING AROUND, GET SERIOUS, GET AMWAGER !
Sign Up now for FREE and wager like a PRO with AmWager