Ruidoso Downs

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial

  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions

  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.

  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!

  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Ruidoso Downs

Ruidoso Downs is a horse-racing track in Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico, United States. It opened in 1947, at US-70.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Ranchers held Rodeos and Horse Races, entertaining hands and locals alike since as early as the 1840s. Hence, Ruidoso became a part of what has been today termed “The Old West”. In the 1940s, an informal race track was constructed on the fields situated at the cool pines of Lincoln County, 7,000 feet in the mountains of central New Mexico, Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico. The track sits 189 miles from the middle of Albuquerque up the I-25, another 136 miles from downtown El Paso and only 70 miles from Roswell.

In 1947, the track’s first race occurred, and during that time, the track was still just a little more than a plowed road with volunteers as judges. Then in 1953, the track had its general manager when it was purchased by an Arizona investor, Eugene Hensley. In 1957, the “All American Futurity” was created by Hensley, Carl Mercer, and cowboy musician Ray Reed then added The Rainbow Futurity in 1964.

R.D. Hubbard bought the majority of Ruidoso Downs Race Track in 1988. In 1989, simulcast racing and wagering were added, while Hubbard purchased out Allred in 1991. In addition to this, a sales pavilion and sports theatre were built, where the Ruidoso Select Yearling Sale was held. Aside from horse racing, they also run camel and ostrich races and host concerts of Toby Keith and Emilio Navaira. In 1999, the adjacent casino named Billy the Kid Casino was opened by the Hubbards.

Track Details

It is also the only horse racing track in North America that separately hosts both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing since the racing lanes are separated. The main track is now a finely-groomed dirt surface of seven furlongs, while the quarter horse track checks in at 550 yards. The distance from the final turn to the finish is 660 feet. The grandstand is canvas-covered, and the “Billy the Kid Casino” is 20,000-square feet. The track also offers dining, the “Billy’s Sports Bar and Grill” right across from the casino, and the “All American Turf Club” that caters special events. Parking and general admission are free. However, you can upgrade for reservation of seats in the grandstand or Turf Club seats in the second level with an additional fee.

History

Ranchers held Rodeos and Horse Races, entertaining hands and locals alike since as early as the 1840s. Hence, Ruidoso became a part of what has been today termed “The Old West”. In the 1940s, an informal race track was constructed on the fields situated at the cool pines of Lincoln County, 7,000 feet in the mountains of central New Mexico, Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico. The track sits 189 miles from the middle of Albuquerque up the I-25, another 136 miles from downtown El Paso and only 70 miles from Roswell.

In 1947, the track’s first race occurred, and during that time, the track was still just a little more than a plowed road with volunteers as judges. Then in 1953, the track had its general manager when it was purchased by an Arizona investor, Eugene Hensley. In 1957, the “All American Futurity” was created by Hensley, Carl Mercer, and cowboy musician Ray Reed then added The Rainbow Futurity in 1964.

R.D. Hubbard bought the majority of Ruidoso Downs Race Track in 1988. In 1989, simulcast racing and wagering were added, while Hubbard purchased out Allred in 1991. In addition to this, a sales pavilion and sports theatre were built, where the Ruidoso Select Yearling Sale was held. Aside from horse racing, they also run camel and ostrich races and host concerts of Toby Keith and Emilio Navaira. In 1999, the adjacent casino named Billy the Kid Casino was opened by the Hubbards.

Track Details

It is also the only horse racing track in North America that separately hosts both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing since the racing lanes are separated. The main track is now a finely-groomed dirt surface of seven furlongs, while the quarter horse track checks in at 550 yards. The distance from the final turn to the finish is 660 feet. The grandstand is canvas-covered, and the “Billy the Kid Casino” is 20,000-square feet. The track also offers dining, the “Billy’s Sports Bar and Grill” right across from the casino, and the “All American Turf Club” that caters special events. Parking and general admission are free. However, you can upgrade for reservation of seats in the grandstand or Turf Club seats in the second level with an additional fee.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • 26225 US-70, Ruidoso Downs, NM 88346, United States

  • Phone: +1 575-378-4431

  • https://www.raceruidoso.com/

Contact

Ruidoso Downs

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.