Saint-Cloud Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.

Why Choose AmWager

Simple…We are the best online wagering platform today. Real-time updates, exclusive tools, custom wagering types, player-focused design. Not using AmWager is like playing in the kiddie pool.

Powerful, fast, innovative, secure, yet easy to use! All because we value and listen to our customers.

  • Easy Sign Up with Trial

  • Leading Cash Rewards and Promotions

  • Custom tools and features no other ADW has.
  • Smooth, easy-to-use interface on all devices.

  • Up to 60 times faster updates than competitors!

  • Continuing innovations and updates. With more planned for years to come.

Saint-Cloud Racecourse

Saint-Cloud Racecourse is a horse-racing track in Saint-Cloud, France. It opened in 1901, at the Rue du Camp Canadien.

Saratoga Race Course

Saratoga Race Course is a horse-racing track in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States. It opened on August 3, 1863, and is the oldest organized sporting venue of any kind in the United States. It is typically open for racing from late July through early September.

History

Opened on March 15, 1901, at 1 rue du Camp Canadien in Saint-Cloud near Paris, France, purchased by Edmond Blanc when the State put the Domaine de la Fouilleuse and its buildings up for sale at public auction in 1898.

During World War 1, the site housed the No. 4 Canadian Stationary Hospital operated by the Canadian Army Medical Corps. On July 8, 1916, the No. 4 CSH was elevated to the No. 8 Canadian General Hospital and operated until decommissioned in 1919. The facilities were built by politician and Thoroughbred owner/breeder Edmond Blanc (1856–1920), in whose honor the Prix Edmond Blanc was established in 1921.

The Saint-Cloud racecourse is also called the Val d’Or racecourse. The venue was also utilized for some of the polo events for the 1924 Summer Olympics. It also has its own golf course in the middle of the track, as well as the incredible buildings that were formerly part of the Fouilleuse estate, now the Paris Country Club, whose brick structures exude the atmosphere of the period known to posterity as ‘The Glorious Thirty’ (1946-1975). Listed as a historic monument for the guards’ pavilions, and also the carousel and the former farrier’s workshop. Then in 1992, the government declared Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud an official Monument Historique.

Track Details

The area measures 75 hectares with a capacity of 15,000 seats, of which 5,000 are seated. It also has a car park that can accommodate up to 1,500 vehicles (costing € 1 during the week and € 2 on Sundays, public holidays, and Grand Prix days).

The turf track is 2,300m in length, with a straight line of 900m and the finish line of 500 meters is slightly uphill. The climbing and long finish line is 500m, also with 15 different starting points (800m to 3,100m). It is equipped with 144 boxes and an outdoor playground open on race days, free for children from 2 to 10 years old.

It also has a Panoramic Restaurant “Val d’Or”, a Brasserie “Tanerko”, Grand Bar (Drinks, sandwiches, paninis, kebabs, sausage and chips, pastries), and Bar de la Plage (Drinks, roasts of the day, sandwiches, pastries). Other services available at the track are Bureau de Change, an ATM, Binocular rentals, a gift shop, an easy racing area for understanding racing and learning to bet, rooms for seminars, and a circuit of free visits organized every Sunday.

History

Opened on March 15, 1901, at 1 rue du Camp Canadien in Saint-Cloud near Paris, France, purchased by Edmond Blanc when the State put the Domaine de la Fouilleuse and its buildings up for sale at public auction in 1898.

During World War 1, the site housed the No. 4 Canadian Stationary Hospital operated by the Canadian Army Medical Corps. On July 8, 1916, the No. 4 CSH was elevated to the No. 8 Canadian General Hospital and operated until decommissioned in 1919. The facilities were built by politician and Thoroughbred owner/breeder Edmond Blanc (1856–1920), in whose honor the Prix Edmond Blanc was established in 1921.

The Saint-Cloud racecourse is also called the Val d’Or racecourse. The venue was also utilized for some of the polo events for the 1924 Summer Olympics. It also has its own golf course in the middle of the track, as well as the incredible buildings that were formerly part of the Fouilleuse estate, now the Paris Country Club, whose brick structures exude the atmosphere of the period known to posterity as ‘The Glorious Thirty’ (1946-1975). Listed as a historic monument for the guards’ pavilions, and also the carousel and the former farrier’s workshop. Then in 1992, the government declared Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud an official Monument Historique.

Track Details

The area measures 75 hectares with a capacity of 15,000 seats, of which 5,000 are seated. It also has a car park that can accommodate up to 1,500 vehicles (costing € 1 during the week and € 2 on Sundays, public holidays, and Grand Prix days).

The turf track is 2,300m in length, with a straight line of 900m and the finish line of 500 meters is slightly uphill. The climbing and long finish line is 500m, also with 15 different starting points (800m to 3,100m). It is equipped with 144 boxes and an outdoor playground open on race days, free for children from 2 to 10 years old.

It also has a Panoramic Restaurant “Val d’Or”, a Brasserie “Tanerko”, Grand Bar (Drinks, sandwiches, paninis, kebabs, sausage and chips, pastries), and Bar de la Plage (Drinks, roasts of the day, sandwiches, pastries). Other services available at the track are Bureau de Change, an ATM, Binocular rentals, a gift shop, an easy racing area for understanding racing and learning to bet, rooms for seminars, and a circuit of free visits organized every Sunday.

History

John Hunter, who became the first chairman of The Jockey Club, and William R. Travers built Saratoga Race Course. The original track was built across Union Avenue from the present Saratoga Race Course at the current location of the Oklahoma Track (training track), which opened the following year. Since 1864 the track has been the site of the Travers Stakes, the oldest major thoroughbred horse race in the United States, which is the main draw of the annual summer race meeting. The Saratoga meet originally consisted of only four days, but over time was lengthened, and for many years, the meet lasted for four weeks. In the 1990’s it was lengthened to five weeks. Today it is a six-week meeting ending on Labor Day. In 2009, NYRA extended the 2010 racing meet by 4 days. From 1943 to 1945, racing was not held at Saratoga Race Course due to travel restrictions during the war. During those years, the stakes races that would have been run at Saratoga Race Course were contested at Belmont Park instead.

Saratoga Race Course has two well-known nicknames — The Spa (for the nearby mineral springs), and the “Graveyard of Champions” (for the upsets that have occurred there). Man o’ War suffered his only defeat in 21 starts while racing at Saratoga Race Course; Secretariat was defeated at Saratoga Race Course by Onion after winning the Triple Crown; and Gallant Fox was beaten by 100-1 long shot Jim Dandy in the 1930 Travers Stakes. In 1999, Saratoga Race Course was rated as Sports Illustrated’s #10 sports venue of the 20th Century.

As is the case with the other two tracks operated by the New York Racing Association – Aqueduct and Belmont Park – there are three separate tracks in the main course at Saratoga Race Course.

Contact

  • 1 Rue du Camp Canadien, 92210 Saint-Cloud, France

  • Phone: +33 1 47 71 69 26

  • https://www.france-galop.com/fr

Contact

Saint-Cloud Racecourse

Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager

Place Your Bet Now!

Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.