Don’t forget you can wager on the races with AmWager
Wager on live horse races like a Pro with AmWager.
Why Choose AmWager
Aqueduct Racetrack is a horse racing track in Queens, New York, United States. It opened in 1894, at the 11000 Rockaway Blvd.
History of Aqueduct Racetrack
1894 – Aqueduct Racetrack opened on September 27, 1894, by the Queens County Jockey Club. It was named “Aqueduct” after the former Ridgewood Aqueduct.
1941 – The facility was extended, and a new clubhouse was created before the 1941 summer meet.
1955 – The Greater New York Association obtained the management of the Aqueduct, Belmont Park, Saratoga Race Course, and Jamaica Race Course. The association decided to enhance the Aqueduct but sold the Jamaica Race Course for redevelopment as a housing project.
1956 – It was closed for renovation, designed by noted racetrack architect Arthur Froehlich of the firm Arthur Froehlich and Associates of Beverly Hills, California. It reopened on September 14, 1959.
1963 to 1967 – The races that normally run at Belmont Park, including the Belmont Stakes, were temporarily hosted at Aqueduct while Belmont’s grandstand was being enhanced.
1973 – Champion racehorse Secretariat retired at Aqueduct. It was witnessed by the public when he was paraded for the last time on November 6, 1973, at the Aqueduct. He was then delivered to Claiborne Farm stud.
1981 – The racetrack opened the largest restaurant in New York City, the Equestris Restaurant, in the clubhouse
1985 – The track hosted the second Breeders’ Cup on November 2, 1985.
2001, 2006 & 2007 – Additional enhancements to the racetrack facilities transpired.
2011 – The flea market in the racetrack’s north parking lot, along Rockaway Boulevard, was closed. It was open on Tuesdays and weekends year-round for 33 years. In the same year the casino opened in late 2011.
2021 – a Hyatt Regency hotel opened on the casino site, owned by Genting Group, also owned the Resorts World.
Track Details and other Facilities
- It houses the New York Racing Association’s headquarters.
- Casino – Resorts World New York City
- 🐎It is part of the Aqueduct Racetrack complex.
- 🐎The first legal casino in New York City.
- 🐎The only casino located in the five boroughs besides Empire City Casino and Jake’s 58 in Islandia in the New York City region.
- 🐎Features four automated table games: Baccarat, Blackjack, Craps, and Roulette.
Major Events and Schedule
Major Events with Schedule
- The Wood Memorial is Aqueduct’s marquee race, culminating in the winter meeting.
- The Remsen and Cigar Mile are major races that begin the winter meet.
- The prestigious Jockey Club Gold Cup was usually run there between 1958 and 1974,
- The marathon 2+1⁄4 miles (3.6 km) Display Handicap was last contested in 1990.
Aqueduct Racetrack Schedule (General)
- Its racing meets are usually from late October/early November through April.
- Before 1977, a summer meeting was held at Aqueduct from mid-June to late July.
Graded Stakes Races
- Grade I
- 🐴Carter Handicap
- 🐴Cigar Mile Handicap
- Grade II
- 🐴Demoiselle Stakes
- 🐴Gazelle Stakes
- 🐴Remsen Stakes
- 🐴Red Smith Handicap
- 🐴Wood Memorial Stakes
Location and Access to the Racecourse
- Aqueduct Racetrack is a Thoroughbred horse racing facility and casino in the South Ozone Park and Jamaica neighborhoods of Queens, New York City, United States.
- The aqueduct is the only racetrack located within New York City limits.
- The racetrack is located beside the casino called Resorts World New York City.
- It has its own New York City Subway station, served by the IND Rockaway Line (A train).
- The Q37 bus route served Aqueduct Racetrack and was rerouted in 2011 to serve the casino. The Q7, Q11, and Q41 bus routes also pass nearby.
- It has only one platform on the Brooklyn-bound side, requiring southbound travelers to transfer to a northbound train at Aqueduct–North Conduit Avenue station, located a few blocks to the south.
Other racetracks are sorted and listed on the page “List of Racetracks”. To view the full list, hit the button below. You can also check the horse racing types and breeds to have a lot more in-depth knowledge about horse racing.
Are you interested in betting now? Why not try our horse racing betting tips, listen to our podcasts, and have higher chances of winning!
You can also check Aqueduct racetrack results and Aqueduct racetrack entries results using our AmWager platform for FREE!
It is easy to access and fast as 1, 2, 3!
So what are you waiting for?
STOP HORSING AROUND, GET SERIOUS, GET AMWAGER !
Sign Up now for FREE and wager like a PRO with AmWager